PLAZA RULES AND REGULATIONS
Reservations for use of Webber Plaza are to be directed to the Department of Auxiliary Enterprises of The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston. The organization wishing to reserve the area must identify what institution they are with, the organizations name and the type of activity that is anticipated. Use of Webber Plaza is reserved for students and employees of registered organizations within The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHSC-H), The Texas Medical Center (TMC), and The Houston Academy of Medicine (HAM).
Registered organizations will not enter into joint sponsorship of a project or program with individuals, groups, or students that are not registered. No solicitation will be allowed except by the agents, servants, or employees of the institution acting in the course and scope of the agency or employment, or by the students association of that institution, or by a registered student, faculty, or staff organization of that institution. Solicitation will not disrupt or interfere with the academic or institutional programs being carried on in campus buildings and will not interfere with the free and unimpeded flow of pedestrian and vehicular traffic.
Priority in the reservation and use of these areas shall be given to activities and events sponsored by organizations that are in furtherance of and related to the educational, cultural, recreational, and athletic programs of the institutions.
The UTHSC-H, TMC, and HAM own Webber Plaza. Use of this area is available to registered organizations of the above-mentioned institutions. The use of glass items is prohibited in the Plaza area. Activities such as softball, football, and frisbee throwing are not allowed in this area due to the close proximity of buildings and possible interruption of pedestrian flow to and from the area. Activities requiring a band or other loud activity will be restricted to after 5:00p.m. on weekdays due to academic and institutional programs being conducted in the Medical School and the adjacent building.
If you have a need for Catering Services, please call University Dining & catering at (713) 500-8400.
The following procedure is to be followed when requesting reservation:
1. An application form and copy of the Rules and Regulations are issued to the sponsoring organization.
2. Upon receipt of the completed application, the responsible party will be contacted as to the approval or denial of their request for reservation of a specific date.
3. An approved copy of the application is forwarded to the UT Police and Housekeeping.
Responsibilities of the Sponsoring Organization
1. To arrange security for the event if required, call (713) 792-2890.
2. To arrange for the use of a P.A. System when necessary, call (713) 500-5048.
3. To arrange for tables or other movable items required for the event, call (713) 500-5048.
4. To see that the area is properly cared for during the event, i.e., to guard against damage to the property. If damage to the area should occur, the sponsoring organization will be held responsible.
5. To clean up the area thoroughly at the conclusion of the event. If additional trash cans are needed, arrangements should be made in advance by calling (713) 500-3498.
Any use of Alcoholic Beverages should be in accordance with HOOP Alcoholic Beverages Policy 2.02. The appropriate form, Request for Permission to Serve Alcoholic Beverages, must be submitted and approved.